The Industrial Strategy sets out how we are building a Britain fit for the future.
But unlike the industrial revolutions of the past, our new industrial strategy needs to be powered by clean energy. As such, there is growing demand for batteries for electrification.
New technologies introduce new challenges - especially when it comes to health and safety.
Join engineers and specialists from all over the world and find how to drive Britain’s innovation and build a greener future.
- Stuart Hawksworth, HSE
- Martin Temple, HSE
- Abdul Chowdhury, Office for Low Emission Vehicles
- Matt Howard, Faraday
- Wasim Sarwar, Williams Advanced Engineering
- Jonathan Buston, HSE
- Brian Cooper, Jaguar Land Rover Plus LIBRIS Consortium Partners
- Martin Brown, HORIBA MIRA Ltd
- Phil Hackford and Michaela Watts, Wiltshire Police HQ
- Caroline Raine, Ricardo
- Ross Watson, Viridor
- 09:00 - 09:30: Registration and Refreshments
- 09:30 - 09:45: Welcome
- 09:45 - 10:05: Opening Keynote
- 10:05 - 10:20: The Road to Zero Emission Vehicles
- 10:20 - 10:35: The Scale of Battery Safety Training needed in the UK
- 10:35 - 11:25: Knowledge Café
- 11:30 - 11:50: Inherently Safe High Performance Battery Systems
- 11:50 - 12:10: PreLIBS
- 12:10 - 12:45: LIBRIS: Li-lon Battery Research in Safety
- 12:45 - 13:45: Lunch
- 13:45 - 14:10: DeTain - Insights on Detection and Containment
- 14:10 - 14:35: Hybrid and Electric Vehicles - Collisions, Safety and Response
- 14:35 - 15:00: Lithium Batteries - Legal Requirements and Emergency Response
- 15:00 - 15:30: Refreshments
- 15:30 - 15:55: Lithium Ion Batteries - The Hidden Challenge within Waste
- 15:55 - 16:45: Panel Discussion
- 17:00 - 18:00: Networking Drinks Reception